SEO is the key concept for website working today! This is one big fact of the day!
When we have the Internet presence for our company, no matter if it is a corporate website or an ecommerce platform, we are very much interested in getting higher position on search engines such as Google, Yahoo, Bing etc. We make efforts to get our company site appear as high as possible in the natural results of the Google algorithm (the top used Search Engine) for the ckeywords related to our products or services, so that when the user searches for a keyword for our business, we appear first in the SEO positioning. This will provide us an edge, making us more likely to be chosen for our services instead of another company that can be our direct competition, as we’ll be one of the first options to visit and also appear ahead of our competitors' positions in the minds of our client.
In order to increase our position in the results in the search engine, we have to dedicate ourselves to improving the small details that will make the difference and that will put us in a place higher than our competitors on Google. This whole effort of getting high rank revolves around the key concepts of SEO – Search Engine Optimization. But before you start your SEO efforts, here is what you need to know!
What do I have to know about the website competition?
Before you start improving the SEO of your website, it is recommended that you study the websites of your main competitors. There are many tools to discover how your competitors’ web works and using these tools, the different points that you have to study are:
- The technical SEO – To study the technical SEO aspects of your competitors, you can use programs like MOZor Woorank that will let you know to what extent they have the SEO optimization worked.
- Their links - It is very important to know the amount and quality of backlinks they have because this will give us an idea of the amount of backlinks that we have to get to overcome them. We can even detect if they have junk links and we can report them to Google. For this, we can use tools like OpenLinkProfilerthat allows us to explore all backlinks, in addition to being able to know the type of link or the anchor-text. Another fundamental tool to study the backlinks of a website is Ahrefs which gives you much more extensive and accurate information about your competition in a paid version.
- Their traffic and keywords - To know their traffic and keywords, we can use tools like SEMRush. This tool gives us a fairly accurate estimate of their organic traffic, the keywords that bring them visitors and their use of Adwords etc. All this information can help us know their weaknesses in addition to giving us ideas for our own website improvement such as what keywords are the ones that can bring us more traffic.
To summarize, it is very important that in order to overcome your competitors, you first know it closely using tools like the ones we have given you, and once you know how your web works, you can make your website stand out in its weak points and thus be able to perform better in SEO positioning. For you to work well, here we present you 10 keys that can help you overcome your competitor in SEO positioning. Have a look at those here!
1. Know your competition
Knowing who your "business enemies" are is essential. In the same way you will have to define your market and identify your main competitors. Then you will have to visit their websites and compare your strengths and weaknesses to them. With this, you will get a real target audience to go and new and powerful ideas to know where to focus your SEO strategy, positioning.
2. Pay close attention to your page titles
Page title is the most powerful weapon you have. To make it work for you, you must make sure that the title begins with the keyword of your business, not with the name of your company. It is important to remember that what Google needs to see in the site title has to be put there and that should be done within 66 characters with spaces.
3. Promote your meta description
This is a small paragraph of text that describes your site. This text is included within the page and is presented as a hook that appears on the search engines. Make it attractive and add some all to action to win visitors’ attention. If you don’t write exceptional description, Google occasionally picks the first paragraph given under the title and displays it in its search results. When writing the description, include a concise summary of your site so that the user knows in a few words what your web is about. In this case, it is important not to exceed 150 characters with spaces.
4. Make good headlines
Headings and Headlines are important for SEO. These make your site more attractive and easier to find for users. Make sure your page has a main header and several sub-sections containing the keywords.
5. Optimize the names of your files for search engines
Whenever you publish an image to your site, try to name it with the related keyword. For example, if your keyword is " Web Design " the images should be saved as "design-web-01.jpg".
6. Do your keyword search
Do not try to guess the search words or phrases that users will use to find your website. It is very important to know how the market behaves prior to making your strategy. Normally the keywords used for searches are the keywords that we least think the ones that generate more visits.
7. Put your site on the map
Your site map is a page that contains all the links to the different pages of your website. Site maps are a good way to index all your pages. One of the fundamental rules that you will have to fulfill when creating your map will be not to label two pages with the same name, since you will confuse the search engines.
8. Use keywords to the right extent
A good percentage of keywords use is around 5%. So for example, if your keyword is "Web Design", it should appear about 9 or 10 times out of 200 words on your home page. Remember to insert it in a natural way without affecting the reading of your text.
9. Describe your image and text links
Google likes to know the relevance of your link. For this reason, whenever you insert a link in an image, make sure that you name the link with a title like this example: <a href="http://www.apprentalonline.com/" title="home"> apprentalonline.com< / A>.
10. Write relevant and interesting content
Write articles for your own blog on a regular basis. The recommended word count should be about 500 words, with information related to your site. The links you make to press releases can also increase traffic to your sites, as press releases often generate a lot of searches on Google and Yahoo news.
Take note of all these points and bear this fact in mind that SEO positioning is not something that can be changed in two days. Rather, it is a long term effort, and that little by little you can get great things.
In addition to helping people in getting better position in SEO through our blogs, we do offer professional SEO services
. If you need consultancy or avid help, contact us. We are only a click away from you!